- Shared mailboxes are mailboxes that can be accessed by a whole set of users in a group.
- Configuring Shared Mailboxes enables groups to access archived items in a specific mailbox.
- For example, you can enable all salespersons (from salesperson group) to have access to the archived items in the mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This article explains the process of configuring these shared mailboxes in Access Control of GFI Archiver.
Follow these steps to configure Shared Mailboxes in Access Control:
- Select the Configuration tab.
- Click Access Control.
- Click Configure Shared Mailboxes.
- Select the group to grant access from the Group field and the mailbox to which access will be granted from the Mailbox Account field.
- Click Add and repeat to add other groups to different mailboxes.
- The same group can be added to different mailboxes by selecting the same user and a different mailbox to grant access to archived items.
- Click Save to finalize settings.