This article explains the process of configuring these shared mailboxes in Access Control of GFI Archiver.
Shared mailboxes are mailboxes that can be accessed by a whole set of users in a group.
Configuring Shared Mailboxes enables groups to access archived items in a specific mailbox.
For example, you can enable all salespersons (from salesperson group) to have access to the archived items in the mailbox: email@example.com
Follow these steps to configure Shared Mailboxes in Access Control:
- Select the Configuration tab.
- Click Access Control.
- Click Configure Shared Mailboxes.
- Select the group to grant access from the Group field and the mailbox to which access will be granted from the Mailbox Account field.
- Click Add and repeat to add other groups to different mailboxes.
- The same group can be added to different mailboxes by selecting the same user and a different mailbox to grant access to archived items.
- Click Save to finalize settings.
After configuring the Active Directory group to have access to the shared mailboxes, any user part of this group should log in to the Archiver console > Archive tab. From here they should now have access to mailboxes other their own in the Browse Conversations for: section.
Understanding Access Control in GFI Archiver
Adding Users as Group Managers in Access Control of GFI Archiver