This article explains the process of adding specific users in Access Control of GFI Archiver, granting access to another archived mailbox.
User Access Control enables you to grant specific users access to items archived for other users.
For example, this feature can be used to grant users access to the archived items of another user that no longer forms part of your company, and whose account was deleted.
Follow these steps to define access control on user level:
- Select the Configuration tab.
- Click Access Control.
- Click Configure User Access Control.
- Select the user to grant access to in the User field and the user to which mailbox access will be granted from the Has access to User field.
- Click Add and repeat to add other users to other groups.
- A user can be added to users by selecting the same user and a different user to grant access to archived items.
- Click Save to finalize settings.
After configuring the user to have access to the extra mailboxes, the user granted access should log in to the Archiver console > Archive tab. From here they should now have access to mailboxes other their own in the Browse Conversations for: section.
Understanding Access Control in GFI Archiver
Adding Users as Group Managers in Access Control of GFI Archiver
Configuring Shared Mailboxes in Access Control of GFI Archiver