GFI FaxMaker enables users to send faxes by attaching content to an email. GFI FaxMaker automatically converts the attachment to fax. For this purpose, a built-in conversion engine is included for PDF, HTML, PNG, GIF, JPG, RTF and TXT files.
Microsoft® Office® 97 or higher is required on the GFI FaxMaker server to convert:
- Microsoft® Office® file formats
- Microsoft® Office® Open XML files, such as DOCX and XLSX files
This article provides the steps on how to set up document conversion.
- From GFI FaxMaker Configuration, right-click Advanced > Document conversion and select Properties.
- Configure the following options:
Option Description File extension list to ignore Enter the extensions to ignore, separated by semi-colons - ; File extension list allowed for conversion List of extensions that can be converted by GFI FaxMaker. Add To add new file formats for conversion:
- Key in the Extension to add.
- In the Command text box, key in the Application Command that prints the file in Windows® Explorer (usually, this is
- Click Add.
Remove Click to delete a selected file extension.
3. Click OK.