In some cases, the factory-reset of the box does not help in resolving network misconfiguration caused by broken network access. This happens due to configuration mistakes or hardware issues (mostly when migrating from another box). This article explains how to modify the Kerio Control configuration via serial console.
Note: You need direct access to the Kerio Control box using a serial console. Refer to Connecting to Kerio Hardware Appliances with a Serial Console for more information.
- Connect via serial console to the Kerio Control box.
- Execute the below command:
- Make the system read/write by executing the below commands:
mount -o rw,remount /
- Locate the
Interfaces_v2section. It should appear as shown below:
- Find the necessary interface and modify the following variables:
- Replace IPAddress, Mask, and Gateway if needed.
- (Optional) If you need to change a particular traffic rule, edit the following section:
<list name="TrafficRules_v2" identityCounter="112">
- Save the file and restart Kerio Control by running the following command:
The box is accessible now, and Kerio Control Webadmin is loading correctly.