NetPrintQueue2FAX is a printer driver installed on users' machines. This driver enables users to print content to transmit by fax, directly from any application that supports printing. This article describes how NetPrintQueue2FAX works.
For further information, read about which file types can be used with NetPrintQueue2FAX.
How it works
- Users prepare content to fax using a third-party application (for example, Microsoft® Word® or any invoicing software). The fax recipient details (such as number, name, and company) must be embedded in the content.
- Users print content to the NetPrintQueue2FAX printer driver. Ensure that the NetPrintQueue2FAX printer drivers are installed on user machines. For additional information, read about Installing NetPrintQueue2FAX printer driver on clients’ machines.
- NetPrintQueue2FAX sends content to GFI FaxMaker.
- GFI FaxMaker analyzes the content to determine fax recipient details. For additional information, refer to Configuring NetPrintQueue2FAX options.
- GFI FaxMaker sends the fax.
Note: Users can send personalized faxes to a large number of recipients through the Microsoft® Word® Mail Merge feature. For additional information, refer to Sending faxes using Microsoft Word Mail Merge.
The image shown below portrays a document ready to be printed to NetPrintQueue2FAX.