Received faxes can be stored in a shared folder. An email with a link to the saved fax is sent to the configured routers.
When receiving a fax on a routing rule that uses this option, GFI FaxMaker creates a sub-folder in the share as follows:
<network share path configured>\yyyy_mm\dd\
<network share path configured>= the shared folder where received faxes are stored
This article describes how to configure GFI FaxMaker to store incoming faxes on a network share.
Before using this guide, GFI FaxMaker must be installed and a shared folder created with the following permissions:
- Full access to the GFI FaxMaker account (user credentials specified during installation) in order to be able to save faxes.
- Read permissions to all users that will be accessing faxes on this share.
NOTE: For security reasons, only fax recipients can access stored faxes. For example, faxes routed to John Doe, are only accessible by John Doe.
Specify the network share where routing rules with network sharing is enabled to store faxes.
- In GFI FaxMaker Configuration, right-click Routing and select Properties. The following window is displayed:
Configuring the Network Share path
- Select the Network Share tab.
- Specify the network share path (for example,
- Click Apply and/or OK.
Send a test fax to a recipient with routing rules set up to store faxes to this network share and verify the fax is saved to the shared folder.