The Lines and Devices node on the FaxMaker Configuration is where fax devices and their associated lines can be viewed and configured.
This article guides you on how to set up and configure the Lines and Devices in the GFI FaxMaker Configuration.
- Access GFI FaxMaker Configuration and go to Lines and Devices node.
- Select the appropriate fax device and click Properties.
Each Line is set up on the fax device. For more information on fax lines, please visit this article: Fax Lines
Devices such as the Modems have an additional option under the Device tab. This option is called Advanced Modem Options.
For more information on how to configure fax modem devices, please see this article: Fax Modem and Custom Modem Properties
- Go to Line Options to configure the appropriate settings. See the table below for more information.
Option Definition Max. resolution Set the maximum resolution for faxes sent and received on this line. Max. speed Set the maximum speed for faxes sent and received on this line. A lower speed limit will increase call duration but on an analog line, it helps to avoid loss of quality when there is noise in the telephone line. Local fax ID
Specify the TSID value sent to recipients when sending faxes over this line. This is usually set as the line's fax number. For more information refer to Customizing the caller ID and TSID of outbound faxes.
NOTE: Some PABX devices or telecommunications service providers do not accept a custom TSID when making outbound calls. In this case, it is recommended to leave this field empty.
Receive incoming faxes Allow receiving faxes on this fax line. Send outgoing faxes Allow transmission of faxes on this fax line. Dial prefix & suffix If your lines are located behind a PBX, you can specify a dial prefix or suffix. Do not dial prefix if fax number is Exclude dialing of a prefix when the fax number is less than, equal to or more than a certain number of digits. This can be useful when using different providers for local, national or international faxes. Fax header Key in the text to show at the very top of fax, for example, the company name. Number of retries Sets the number of times GFI FaxMaker will try to re-send fax. Retry delay Set a delay between retries, in seconds. Disable use of ECM if available By default, GFI FaxMaker automatically corrects errors caused by noise that interferes with the transmission of fax. Select this option to disable automatic correction.
- Go to Advanced if you want to print and backup faxes. This allows you to set up the file format and enable digit capture for some routing methods.
- Go to Users to set specific end-users and groups to specifically send fax messages from this fax line.
- Go to Line Test to send test fax. Any prefixes set from this option will be applied when sending the fax.