This article provides the steps to activate users from a directory service. We perform this task as part of the Directory Service integration process, where we add the users from a directory server to Kerio Connect.
In the Kerio Connect Administration interface, navigate to Accounts > Users > Add > Activate an existing user from Directory Service.
Highlight the user and click Check Selected > OK.
Adding Users via Active Directory Administrative Center
Alternatively, users can be added from the Active Directory Administrative Center if your users are on a Windows Server.
- Launch the Active Directory Administrative Center.
- Navigate to Domain > Users and right-click on the user.
- Navigate to Properties > Profile > Attribute Editor and scroll down.
- Locate the variable Kerio-Mail-Active.
- Click on Edit and set its value to
- Close the windows and Save the changes.
Refresh the Kerio Connect Web Administration console. The new user should appear under Accounts > Users.
Generally speaking, the only changes that are done related to Kerio are:
- In the AD Object creation, you will have an option to automatically create a Kerio Connect mailbox
- In the Object properties, there is a Kerio Connect separate tab for managing the Kerio account
As opposed to Exchange, Kerio does not map the domain as well, it will only map the usernames. So, if you have the Exchange/Active Directory forest like domain.com, the accounts mapped in Kerio will not be firstname.lastname@example.org, it will just be the username (in Exchange, the full email address is being used, as it is natively implemented in this way)
Adding users to Kerio Connect is performed as the last step of the Directory Service integration. Make sure you follow-through the below articles to learn about the other steps of the entire integration process: