GFI FaxMaker enables you to enforce the use of billing codes when sending faxes. Users or groups of users use a particular billing code to send faxes. This allows the administrator to monitor fax usage by codes.
Using Billing Codes to Send Faxes
- Add the following API command to the fax:
<billing number>with the billing number assigned to the user.
- Faxes without billing codes are not sent if this feature is enabled. (See Enforcing the Use of Billing Codes to disable the feature.)
- When sending faxes via email, billing codes can be included in the email subject. Key in the command enclosed in square brackets.
Enforcing the Use of Billing Codes
- Access the GFI FaxMaker Configuration.
- Right-click on Billing and select Properties.
- Mark Every fax sent must include a billing code to enable and enforce Billing options.
Unchecking this option disables the feature.
- Click OK to apply the changes.