This article provides the solution for when trying to install the Kerio VPN client, you get the following error message:
Error 28201. Failed to install VPN device driver. Command: UPDATE. Action: LookupDevice. Result: E_UNEXPECTED, device is already registered.
- The Kerio Control VPN client on Windows.
- Latest Kerio Control versions (9.2.8 and above).
- The resolution steps from the Failed to install VPN Device Driver article were already executed.
- Restart your PC.
- Click on the Windows menu, type in
cmd, right-click on the Command Prompt and click on Run as Administrator.
- Run the following commands:
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
- Continue from step 3 on the Failed to install VPN Device Driver article.
Note: These steps are not commonly used and should be considered as an optional workaround (environment-dependent).
The VPN client is installed correctly.