This article guides you on how to create a new custom scanning profile through the Scanning Profiles Editor.
NOTE: The scanning profiles that ship with GFI LanGuard are already pre-configured to run a number of vulnerability checks on the selected target.
- Launch GFI LanGuard.
- Go to Configuration > Scanning Profile Editor. Alternatively, press CTRL + P to launch the Scanning Profiles Editor.
- Under Common Tasks, click New scanning profile.
Click to enlarge image.
- Specify the name of the new profile and optionally select Copy All Settings From an Existing Profile to clone settings from an existing profile.
- Click OK to save settings.
The new scanning profile is added under Profiles in the left pane.
- Configuring Vulnerabilities in GFI LanGuard
- Configuring Patches in GFI LanGuard
- Configuring TCP/UDP Port Scanning Options in GFI LanGuard
- Configuring System Information Options in GFI LanGuard
- Configuring Device Scanning Options in GFI LanGuard
- Configuring Applications Scanning Options in GFI LanGuard