Scan Results are the statistics and information data presented after performing a scan.
This article guides you on how to keep the Scan Results in an SQL server.
IMPORTANT: It is highly recommended to use SQL Server once product evaluation or subscription has exceeded.
- Access GFI LanGuard.
- Go to Configuration > Database Maintenance Options > Database backend settings.
- Select the MS SQL Server option and choose the SQL Server that will be hosting the database from the provided list of servers discovered on your network.
- Specify the SQL Server credentials or select the Use Windows Authentication option to authenticate to the SQL server using Windows account details.
- If the specified server and credentials are correct, GFI LanGuard automatically logs on to your SQL Server and creates the necessary database tables. If the database tables already exist, it reuses them.
- When using Windows Authentication credentials, make sure that GFI LanGuard services are running under an account that has both access and administrative privileges on the SQL Server databases.
- Click OK to apply the settings.
- Click Yes to stop all current scans.
- If the current Access database contains data, click OK to transfer all scan data to the SQL Server database.