Database retention options enable you to keep your database clean and consistent by configuring GFI LanGuard to automatically delete unwanted scan results and scan history information while retaining important ones.
This article guides you in optimizing your database through GFI LanGuard.
- Launch GFI LanGuard.
- Go to Configuration > Database Maintenance Options > Database Backend Settings > Retention.
- Configure the options described below:
Option Description Keep scans generated during the last Keep scan results generated during the specified number of days, weeks or months. Keep scans per scan target per profile number of Specify the number of scan results to keep for every scan target by every scan profile. Never delete history Select this option if you want to keep all scan history. Keep history for the last Keep scan history for the specified number of days, weeks, or months.
- Click OK to apply the settings.
- Storing Scan Results in SQL Server Database in GFI LanGuard
- Deleting Scanned Computers in GFI LanGuard
- Compacting and Repairing the Access Database Backend