The System Information in the Scanning Profiles Editor collects data such as the OS (Operating System) information, a list of logged-on users, sessions, etc.
This article guides you on how to set up which System Information can be scanned for the Scanning Profile from the list of conditions available in the Network and Software Options.
- Access GFI LanGuard.
- Go to Configuration > Scanning Profile Editor. Alternatively, press CTRL + P to launch the Scanning Profiles Editor.
- Go to Network & Security Audit Options > System Information.
- Select the appropriate scanning profile from the left pane under Profiles.
- On the right pane, expand the Windows System Information group or Linux System Information group accordingly.
- Select which Windows/Linux OS information is retrieved by the security scanner from scanned targets.
Example: To enumerate administrative shares in scan results, expand the Enumerate shares option and set the Display admin shares option to Yes.