Scan Results are an invaluable source of information for systems administrators. GFI LanGuard results are stored in an SQL Server or an Access database. In addition, scan results can also be exported to XML (Extensible Markup Language) which will be shown on the process below.
Saving Scan Results to XML File
- Launch GFI LanGuard.
- Perform a manual scan.
- Once the scan is complete, click the GFI LanGuard button and go to File > Save Scan Results.
- Locate the destination where you want to save the XML and click Save.
Loading Scan Results to XML File
- Click the GFI LanGuard button and go to File > Load Scan Results from > XML File.
- Locate the scan results to load and click OK.
- Analyze the XML scan results. For more information on how to interpret results, refer to the following sections:
- Saving an Older Scan Result from GFI LanGuard
- Storing Scan Results in SQL Server Database in GFI LanGuard