You may experience issues with the Antivirus plugin not being able to update to the latest version. The following error message may pop-up when trying to update Kerio Antivirus:
AvPlugin failed to initialize: Failed to close Kerio Antivirus plugin. See antivirus debug log for details.
Debug logs may contain the following error messages:
Bitdefender_plugin: Going to initialize threat definitions in /var/winroute/bitdefender/Plugins.
Bitdefender_plugin: Current threat definitions: /var/winroute/bitdefender/Plugins/3399.
Bitdefender_plugin: Backup threat definitions not found.
Bitdefender_plugin: Going to open /var/winroute/bitdefender/Plugins/3399/bdcore.so with threat definitions in /var/winroute/bitdefender/Plugins/3399/Plugins
ERR: Failed to initialize Kerio Antivirus plugin. See antivirus debug log for details.
Bitdefender_plugin: Failed to initialize Kerio Antivirus plugin. Status: c000001f.
ERR: Failed to close Kerio Antivirus plugin. See antivirus debug log for details.
Bitdefender_plugin: Failed to close Kerio Antivirus plugin. It is already closed.
Bitdefender_plugin: Plugin state changed from Initializing to Closed.
Please follow the steps below if you are unable to perform the antivirus update.
Note: If you experience this error and the Antivirus plugin is listed as Unlicensed in the dashboard, please refer to the article Kerio License Key Is Not Showing the Correct Information.
Access to the Kerio Control Administration console is required.
- From the Kerio Control Administration console, navigate to Settings > Antivirus > Kerio Antivirus.
- Disable the antivirus by unchecking the Use Kerio Antivirus option.
- Click Apply.
- Connect to Kerio Control via SSH.
- Run the following commands:
rm -rf Plugins/
- Reboot Kerio Control using the following command:
- In the Kerio Control Administration console, enable the antivirus by checking the Use Kerio Antivirus option.
- Click Apply.
- Run the update of the Antivirus by clicking on the Update Now button.
Check the Last update check value (at Settings > Antivirus > Kerio Antivirus); the antivirus should be updated successfully.