LanGuard is very reliant on scan targets and is required for the Windows Update components to function correctly. At times, these components get corrupted and require to be fixed.
This article provides a detailed diagnosis and available solutions to fix issues as a part of basic triage for corrupt Windows Update components.
- It is always best to verify the issue before starting random solutions.
- The WindowsUpdate.Log file is generated by Windows itself.
- Refer to the article: Get-WindowsUpdateLog, which discusses how to generate the WindowsUpdate.Log file.
- Refer to the following Windows articles that discuss the WindowsUpdate.Log file, its components, and common errors:
- Microsoft has a utility tool that can automatically fix Windows Update and should be utilized first when corruption is found.
- If even after resetting the Windows Update component, the corruptions are still found, you can use the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool to resolve the issue.