You may encounter difficulties accessing Outlook. Upon investigation, the following error is found in the event logs:
Faulting application name: OUTLOOK.EXE
Faulting module name: mso98win32client.dll
This article provides a list of workarounds to resolve this issue.
The Outlook application is faulty or corrupted.
- Disable the Windows Defender Application Control policies.
- Disable the network firewall or create a Whitelisting rule for
*skype.net. Refer to the article Using Kerio Control Web Filter for the instructions.
- Revert to a previously working version of Outlook.
- Repair the Outlook application.
- If you are using Office 365, then run diagnostics using Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant.
- Office Applications Crash or Cannot Start (modifying MS Office registry for
- Unable to Install KOFF Due to Multiple Outlook Installed in the System
- Kerio Connect Account Cannot Be Created When Using Microsoft Outlook 2016/2019
- Error: "This MAPI provider DLL might be harmful to your system"
- The File Mso98Win32Client.dll is Incompatible with MS Outlook
- Fixes or Workarounds for Recent Issues in Outlook for PC