This article provides information on the types of user groups that can be configured in FaxMaker for licensed users working in conjunction with Microsoft Active Directory (AD).
- FaxMaker, when used with Microsoft Active Directory, only supports the detection of users in AD Security Groups.
- AD Distribution Groups are not supported and were never supported. Although previous builds have allowed this functionality, it is considered an unintended functionality and not a feature of the product. This would also include AD Distribution Groups nested inside AD Security Groups.
- Convert the current AD Distribution Groups to AD Security Groups.
- This should be done by the Active Directory administrator in your IT group.
- Additionally, you can submit a feature request via the GFI Feedback Forum for consideration.