Before enabling Mirror/SPAN port monitoring, you must configure a switch port to mirror traffic to an unused port cabled to the Exinda appliance.
This article explains how you can enable the SPAN/Mirror port on an interface to monitor the type of traffic.
Enabling the SPAN/Mirror Port
- On your browser, open the Exinda Web UI (
- Key in the Username and Password.
- Click Login.
- Click Configuration > System > Network > IP Address.
- To use an interface as a Mirror port, select the Mirror checkbox.
- Click Apply Changes.
- The selected interface now accepts Mirror/SPAN traffic.
Command to Enable or Disable Mirror/SPAN Port Monitoring
The following commands can be executed from the CLI to enable or disable Mirror/SPAN port monitoring on an interface:
# con t
(config) # mirror interface <inf>
(config) # no mirror interface <inf>
Once SPAN/Mirror monitoring is enabled, and the appropriate Internal Network Objects have been defined, the Exinda appliance monitors the traffic received on the Mirror/SPAN receiving port as if it were inline.
NOTE: Exinda interface reports will be blank because the Exinda appliance has no insight into packet direction at the interface level.