Kerio Control comes with a hardware box (hardware appliance) which needs to be added to MyKerio and requires to complete the registration process and basic configuration of the box.
This article describes the process of adding the Kerio Control hardware box to MyKerio.
The following are prerequisites when adding the Kerio Control hardware box to MyKerio:
- Serial Number: The serial number is located at the bottom of the Kerio Control hardware box or can be retrieved from the Kerio Online Store. It is a 12-digit number, for example, SR LNMR123456.
- Connection of the Hardware Box to the Internet: The Kerio Control hardware box should be connected to the internet.
- Local Admin Login Credentials: The local administrator's login credentials are required if your appliance is already set up locally.
Note: Before you can add the hardware box, verify that it can reach MyKerio. If the internet provider does not provide a DHCP server, the Kerio Control hardware box cannot obtain its IP address, so you must configure it manually. To configure the Hardware Box manually, refer to configuring network interfaces.
Log in to MyKerio.
In the Appliances section, click ADD NEW APPLIANCE.
In the Add a New Appliance dialog box, enter the serial number of the appliance and click FIND THIS APPLIANCE.
Set up the appliance:
If your appliance is already set up locally, follow the steps mentioned below:
- In the Set up the Appliance dialog box, verify the Kerio Control Hardware Box type and IP address, and enter your local administrator's login credentials.
If your appliance has not been set up locally, follow the steps mentioned below:
- In the Set up the Appliance dialog box, verify the Kerio Control Hardware Box type and IP address, and configure your local administrator's login credentials.
- In the Administrator Email field, enter the administrator's email address. This information can be changed later if required.
- Optionally, select Allow Kerio Control to send anonymous usage statistics to Kerio Technologies. This information helps us to understand how organizations use our products so that we can decide how to improve the best.
Note: Statistics do not include any confidential data (passwords, email addresses, etc.). You can disable this option at any time under Advanced Options > Updates.
- Click Next, then enter your local administrator's login credentials for verification.
Add the appliance to MyKerio by following the steps mentioned below:
- In the Add the Appliance to MyKerio dialog box, enter a name for the appliance.
- If you have more than one organization, use the Organization drop-down list to assign the appliance correctly.
- Click Finish.
After you successfully connect the appliance, you can see it in the Appliances section.
Wait for one or two minutes until the appliance is shown as Up (green).