The Central Management Server is hosted in IIS that is prone to common hosting errors (for example, Application Pool or the website not starting). These errors can prevent the launcher from opening websites and throw an error similar to the following:
Failed to start "GFI LanGuard Central Management Server".
The log entry of this error may look like the following:
2019-07-17 11:38:25,993,10012,1,ERROR,"LgcmcLauncher.exe","Launcher.HandleError - an error occured in the launcher"System.TimeoutException: timeout while waiting for state
This article shares the process of verifying if the appropriate IIS content is running correctly.
Follow these steps to verify:
- Go to Start > Run.
- Run the file inetmgr.exe.
- Expand the localhost (shown as 'Hostname' of the device).
- Select Application Pools.
- Verify that "LanGuardServer" has started. If it has not started:
- Right-click on it; and
- Select Start.
- Expand Sites.
- Locate "GFI LanGuard Central Management Server Website" and verify that it has started. If it has not started:
- Right-click on it;
- Go to Manage Website; and
- Select Start.
- Resolve any other IIS errors preventing the system from starting by following the steps given above.
Note: GFI utilizes IIS web services but does not troubleshoot errors caused by a misconfiguration within IIS. Check your bindings, make sure that there are no conflicts, and once the website and app pool are started, continue with the following step.
- Once both the Application Pool and the website have started running, relaunch the Central Management Server.