The article shows the resolution to the following error:
Error: ‘License key is invalid or evaluation expired’ when entering the license key.
- All GFI Software products
- All supported environments
Invalid syntax or license key is not accepted by the installed software version.
- License Keys are unique to each product version.
- If you upgrade to a new Version (new Builds or Service Releases do not require a new key) you must log in to the GFI Customer Area and create a new key for the new version > License key, Version Upgrade.
- License keys are case sensitive.
- Ensure that you are copying and pasting the License Key from the License Certificate. Also, make sure there are no spaces before or after the key.
- Check that all GFI Product Services are running. At times, the license may depend on certain GFI product services; if they are stopped, the license will appear as invalid.
- If the above does not resolve your issue, it is highly possible that the License Key does not match the version of the software you have installed on your system
To check the version of the software, Please follow the relevant steps below:
- From the GFI EndPointSecurity Console, go to General > Version Information > Version number.
- From the GFI EventsManager Console, go to General > Version Information > Version number.
- From the GFI FaxMaker Configuration, go to General > Version Information > Version number.
- From the GFI LanGuard Console, go to Configuration > General > Version Information > Version number.
- From the GFI MailArchiver web page, go to the Home > Version Information.
- From the GFI MailEssentials Configuration, navigate to the General settings > About.
- From the GFI WebMonitor, navigate to Settings > Advanced Settings > Licensing.
Once you have noted the version of the software, log into the customers' area of the GFI website. Click on 'My License Keys' and check if the license key you are entering matches the version of the installed software.
If the license does not match the version installed, you can either upgrade your software to the relevant version which you are licensed for, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a downgrade of your License Key relevant to the version you have installed on your system.
If the version of the Software matches the version of the License Key, please contact Technical Support.