This article provides the steps to retrieve the Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) version.
The version information is found in the following key:
To check the registry and this particular key, follow these steps:
- On the Start menu, click Run
- In the Open text box, type the following command and then click OK.
- In the Navigation pane, drill-down to the following path:
- In the Details pane, look in the Name column for FullInstallVer and Version. Each of these keys will have corresponding version information in the Data column.
- When finished, click Exit on the Registry menu to close Registry Editor
More information regarding this can be found on the Microsoft site "How to check for MDAC version."