While troubleshooting, it is often helpful to visualize the issue as well as the steps taken, which lead to it. When creating a set of troubleshooting files for a GFI Software program, it is recommended to create a series of screenshots while reproducing the issue.
Current versions of Windows contain the tool psr.exe (Problem Steps Recorder) out-of-the-box, which can be used to create a series of screenshots.
This article explains the process of using the psr.exe file using the Windows application.
- Windows 7 and above
- Windows Server 2008 and above
- Open the Windows start menu.
psr.exeinto the search field.
- Choose psr.exe from the search results.
- Click Start Record.
- Reproduce the issue that the user intends to log for sharing with GFI Support.
- psr.exe automatically takes a screenshot whenever a mouse button or the keyboard is used.
- Users can add comments for steps by clicking on the Add Comment button.
- Once the issue has been reproduced, click Stop Record.
- Enter a file name and save the recording to disk.
- Provide the saved file to GFI Technical Support along with other troubleshooting files and logs.