The Archive to Database functionality is no longer working and data in the GFI FaxMaker Report Pack is not updating.
- GFI FaxMaker
- All supported environments
This can occur if the Archive Database has reached its maximum size, or if there has been a prolonged gap in communication with the Archive Database. Other reasons are that the table structure of the Archive Database has been amended manually by e.g. adding or removing fields/columns.
- Verify whether the table structure of the archive database has been modified.
- Verify whether the communication is present with the Archive Database. To do so:
- Navigate in the GFI FaxMaker Configuration to the Archiving Node and select Properties.
- Select the Archive to Database tab, click 'Setup database...', review the database configuration, then select 'Test'.
- If Microsoft SQL is in use and the Test fails, please ensure that an ODBC test connects, as noted in How to perform an ODBC connectivity test.
- IF the Database Communication Test is successful:
- Navigate to the ..GFI\FaxMaker\archive subfolder in Microsoft Windows Explorer and review the dlefmcache..chc files.
- IF the dlefmcache..chc files are slightly larger than 156KB in size, and database connection has just been re-established, you may want to give a few minutes to see if these sizes reduce. If they are much larger than 156KB, or do not reduce after ensuring connectivity with the Archive Database, it may be necessary to implement new dlefmcache..chc files from a clean install of GFI FaxMaker.