Asian characters that are embedded in PDF attachments of outbound faxes are not readable in converted fax files.
- GFI FaxMaker
- Adobe Reader
- All Supported Environments
- Install the Asian and Extended Language Pack for Adobe Reader on the FaxMaker server. This can be found at: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5508.
- Open GFI FaxMaker configuration console
- Go to Advanced > Document conversion > Properties
- Type pdf into the Extension field under the File extension list allowed for conversion
- Click the Add button and confirm change by clicking OK
- Restart GFI FaxMaker FaxServer and MTA services
The Asian and Extended Language Pack for Adobe Reader must be installed on the FaxMaker server, and PDF must be added as an extension allowed for document conversion.