GFI Faxmaker needs to be re-installed when configurations problems are encountered. This article explains how to reinstall GFI FaxMaker.
- Any Windows operating system
- Any supported version of GFI Faxmaker
1. Verify that UAC is disabled. If using Server 2012 use this TechNet article.
2. Verify that you have the correct AntiVirus exclusions set: (If no AntiVirus is installed proceed to step 3)
- <..\Program Files\GFI\FAXmaker>
- <..\Program Files\Common Files\GFI>
- <..\Inetpub\mailroot> if GFI FAXmaker is installed on a gateway machine.
- <..\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Mailroot> if GFI FAXmaker is installed on the same machine as Microsoft Exchange 2000/2003.
- <..\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\TransportRoles> if GFI FAXmaker is installed on the same machine as Microsoft Exchange 2007.
- <..\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\TransportRoles if GFI FAXmaker is installed on the same machine as Microsoft Exchange 2010
3. Back up the GFI FaxMaker configuration.
4. Back up any routing information. In the FaxMaker configuration, expand the routing node. Select the type of routing you are using, right-click, and click Export.
5. Uninstall FaxMaker from Control Panel > Programs and Features.
6. Open up Regedit.exe ( Start > Run > regedit.exe)
7. Navigate to the following location in regedit.exe and delete the following path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432node\GFI Fax and Voice 64bit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\GFI Fax and Voice 32bit
8. Rename the C:\Program Files(x86)\GFI\FaxMaker folder to FaxMakerold.
9. Reboot the server.
10. Install FaxMaker:
11. Verify that the FaxMaker Fax Server and FaxMaker Message Transfer Agent services are running under Domain Administrator (right-click the service and click "LOG ON AS" to view this setting).