Unable to send fax. Fax fails with error 'Call failed: 46' that is shown in GFI FaxMaker monitor and / or debug logs.
- GFI FaxMaker
- supported Bintec Media gateway
- All supported environments
This generic error means that GFI FaxMaker attempts to receive an inbound fax, but it fails to receive the fax successfully. The reasons for a call failure can be various depending on the environment where GFI FaxMaker is installed.
The initial approaches are:
- Please ensure that the option field "Disable use of ECM if available" is checked on each fax line OR
- Please ensure that ECM is configured as disabled on to the supported Bintec Media gateway.
The 'Call failed 46' error is a generic error. In this specific context some old remote fax machine may drop the fax call suddenly if ECM is enabled on the supported Bintec Media gateway. If ECM mode is disabled, no error correction of bad fax data will take place.
- Other solutions for Error Call Failed: 46