A handshaking failure 54 is encountered when sending a fax to a specific fax machine using a lower fax class.
- GFI FaxMaker
- all supported environments
The reason for this failure needs to be investigated on case by case basis. In general one can try to lower the fax class for the attached fax modem configured in the GFI FaxMaker configuration:
- Open GFI FaxMaker configuration
- Click Lines / Devices > [Modem Line] > Properties
- Under the Modem Type, click Advanced Modem Options, Edit Modem
- Under Fax Class, please select '1/1.0'
- Click OK to save changes. Close GFI FaxMaker configuration
- Re-start the GFI FaxMaker services
Send a test fax to the specific fax machine. Verify whether the fax can be send out successfully.
A fax class refers to the set of commands utilized by the attached modem on how to handle T.30 data. Some older fax machines utilize fax class 1 where newer fax machines are capable to handle fax class 2 or higher.