This article describes the issue and its resolution, which occurs when you are unable to install the GFI FaxMaker printer due to the following error:
Print processor does not exist
This subsequently causes issues with document conversion.
- GFI FaxMaker 2013
- Microsoft Server 2012 64 bit
The registry key that defines the DLL file to use as the print processor is missing.
- Open the registry editor by navigating to Start > Run > type
regedit.exeand press Enter.
- Navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows x64\Print Processors\winprint.
- Check for the existence of the Driver key. If it does not exist, add a new string value named
Driverand set it equal to
- Restart the Print Spooler service.
- Attempt to reinstall the GFI FaxMaker printer using
fmprinter_install.cmdfrom the root of the FaxMaker program folder.