A report is returned with the following error message when trying to send a fax:
You are not a FaxMaker user. Please contact your FaxMaker Administrator
- GFI FaxMaker
- All supported environments
This error happens when the sender of the fax is not configured as a GFI FaxMaker Licensed user in the GFI FaxMaker configuration, or when an Active Directory lookup does not return a match.
Add the sending user's information in the GFI FaxMaker configuration, within the Licensed users section.
Note: Ensure that the sending user's email address matches the email address within the Licensed users section.
If GFI FaxMaker is installed in Active Directory (AD) mode, ensure that there is not more than one AD object that is assigned the same email address.
Note: If the same email address is used for multiple AD objects, the AD query that searches for a valid GFI FaxMaker user might return a different object, causing the lookup to fail.
If GFI FaxMaker is installed in Active Directory (AD) mode, try adding the
GC key to the registry:
- Close the GFI FaxMaker Configuration, open the registry editor, and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GFI Fax & Voice\FAXmaker\Config\
- Create a dword value of
- Set the value of this entry to
- Restart all GFI FaxMaker services.
Note: If GFI FaxMaker is installed on a 64-bit platform, the registry path to navigate to should be: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\GFI Fax & Voice\FAXmaker\Config
- If sending the fax via SMTP, it is usually the email address of the sending user which does not match in the GFI FaxMaker configuration.
- It may be necessary to close the GFI FaxMaker configuration and restart the GFI FaxMaker services if the sending user's email address has not yet been updated in the GFI FaxMaker configuration but it has been updated in Active Directory.
- If sending the fax from the GFI FaxMaker fax message form, be sure to open the fax message form, select Options, then review the SMTP options. Confirm that the email address supplied is the same as the user's email address in the GFI FaxMaker configuration.