In some cases, faxes may be received in an elongated format when using a MultiTech 9234SMI modem. This causes one Letter/A4 size page to appear stretched.
- GFI FaxMaker
- MultiTech 9234SMI
- All supported environments
MT9234SMI is a 'class 2.1' capable device. 'Class 2.1' devices utilize the 'V.34' fax protocol which, in some cases, can cause additional issues with older analog fax devices.
Follow these steps to fix the issue:
- Stop the GFI FaxMaker Services.
- Launch the GFI FaxMaker Configuration.
- Select Lines/Devices > Properties.
- Select the appropriate 'line' and then click Properties.
- Ensure correct 'modem type' is selected and then select Advanced modem options.
- Modify settings to match the below parameters:
- Flow Control: Software
- Fax Class: Class 2.0
- Voice chipset: Conexant
- DLE Codes: Indirect (flow)
- Thread Priority: Normal
- Data Initialization String: AT&F&K3
- Click OK on open windows to save the new settings and restart the GFI FaxMaker services.
The faxes sent using a MultiTech 9234SMI modem are legible and clear.