In some cases faxes may be received in an elongated format when using a MultiTech 9234SMI modem. This causes one Letter / A4 size page to appear stretched.
- GFI FaxMaker
- MultiTech 9234SMI
- All supported environments
- Stop the GFI FaxMaker Services
- Launch the GFI FaxMaker Configuration
- Select Lines/Devices > Properties
- Select the appropriate line and then click Properties
- Ensure correct modem type is selected and then select Advanced modem options...
- Modify settings to match the below parameters:
- Flow Control: Software
- Fax Class: Class 2.0
- Voice chipset: Conexant
- DLE Codes: Indirect (flow)
- Thread Priority: Normal
- Data Initialization String: AT&F&K3
- Click OK on open windows to save the new settings and restart the GFI FaxMaker services
MT9234SMI is a class 2.1 capable device. Class 2.1 devices utilize the V.34 fax protocol which, in some cases, can cause additional issues with older analog fax devices.