A fax sent to an Outlook contact remains in the
…\GFI\FAXmaker\SinkDrop folder as a *.bad file.
- GFI FaxMaker 14
- GFI FaxMaker 2011
- GFI FaxMaker 2013
- All Supported Environments
GFI FaxMaker needs the mapi.dll to be able to process messages sent to an Outlook contact.
Please follow these steps to install and register the MAPI components on your GFI FaxMaker server machine.
- Download and install Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1 March 2014 Update. Alternatively, you can install Microsoft Outlook (32-bit version).
- Restart the machine
Note: Do not try to install MAPI/CDO on an Exchange server.
There are some occasions where the steps above will not fix the problem. You can try these additional steps:
- Open a command prompt window and browse to
C:\Program Files\Common Files\GFI\common
- Enter the following:
- Make sure that a message window displays as shown below:
tnefunpack.dll was successfully registered
If a 32-bit version of Microsoft Outlook is already installed, perform the following:
- Uninstall Microsoft Outlook.
- Note: Do not perform a "repair."
- Confirm MAPI/CDO is not listed in Add/Remove Programs. Please remove it if found.
- Reinstall Microsoft Outlook.
- Restart the machine.
The fax is sent to an Outlook contact successfully.