AnswerThe GFI FaxMaker services use the credentials of a user account. This user account must have permissions to run the services, access the local file system, query Active Directory (if GFI FaxMaker is installed in Active Directory Mode), and this user account profile must have its default printer set to FaxMaker.
The credentials used by the GFI FaxMaker services can be changed as follows:
- Open the Windows Services console (Start > Run > type services.msc and press Enter)
- Open the Properties of the GFI FaxMaker Server service
- On the Log On tab, type (or browse to) the name of the account you want to change to under This account. This will be the new account that starts the service.
- Type in the new password
- Restart the service to start it with the new credentials
- Repeat the above steps for the GFI FaxMaker Message Transfer Agent service
- If you created a new account, logon to the GFI FaxMaker server with this new account and set its default printer to FaxMaker