AnswerFor a supported fax modem or fax board GFI Software recommends to use the generic GFI FaxMaker Fax Modem Driver In case of an unsupported fax modem or fax board GFI FaxMaker Fax Modem Driver may not operate correctly with the attached fax modem or fax board.
In this case you may try to send and receive faxes using Microsoft Fax service with GFI FaxMaker. The article explains a configuration of GFI FaxMaker that uses the Microsoft Fax service to send and receive faxes. This configuration has been tested with Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and Microsoft Windows XP only. It is to note that this configuration does not work under Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or higher.
- Install the modem and confirm that it is available under phone and modem section. ( Control Panel > Phone and Modem Options > Modems tab)
Configure a destination folder where received faxes will be stored by the Microsoft Fax service. This will be a temporary location, since the GFI FaxMaker service will be retrieving the received faxes from this folder
- Find the instructions for configuring the destination folder in the Article: here
- Restart the Microsoft Fax service from the services panel
- Open the GFI FaxMaker configuration
- From the Lines / Devices properties click the Detect button
- The detection process will detect that the Microsoft Fax service is started and will add a new fax line in the GFI FaxMaker configuration