The Network Share option is disabled by default when running GFI FaxMaker in SMTP mode. To enable it, proceed as follows:
- Open Registry Editor (Start > Run > type regedit and press Enter)
- Browse to the following registry key:
- for 32 bit: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GFI Fax & Voice\FAXmaker\Config]
- for 64 bit: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\GFI Fax & Voice\FAXmaker\Config]
- Add a DWORD value with the name AllowSMTPNetworkShare
- Set the value of AllowSMTPNetworkShare to 1
- After adding the key in the registry, the Network Share path should be accessible from the GFI FaxMaker Configuration > Routing > Properties > Network Share. The option to Save Fax and send transmission report with link to fax should be available in the routing rules.
- There is a limitation when using the Network Share option in an SMTP environment, where due to restrictions on user control, access rights on saved faxes are set for everyone to be allowed access.
- This key also serves the same function with GFI FaxMaker 2015 and later using GFI Directory service