AnswerThe following procedure should only be performed when requested by a GFI Technical Support Representative. If you do not have an open case, please first submit a request at: www.gfi.com/supportform.
- Open the FaxMaker Configuration.
- Expand the Advanced node .
- Select Miscellaneous and select Properties in the box on the right. Under troubleshooting options select the box Enable debug mode.
- Restart the FaxMaker Faxserver service.
- Recreate the issue and take screenshots of any details that relate to the recurrence
- Keep a record of the exact steps taken incl. hour and minute of when the issue occurred
- Use the Problem Step Recorder (psr.exe) to capture screenshots (it is bundled with current versions of Windows operating systems)
- If not using psr.exe, ensure that the screenshots show the whole screen incl. the system clock with hour and minute
- After the problem is generated again, run the GFI FaxMaker troubleshooter from Start Programs GFI FaxMaker > Troubleshooter
- Go to the installation directory of GFI FaxMaker and zip the Support folder the Troubleshooter created
- Save your application and system event logs in EVT format and zip them with the support folder
Uploading the log files to our FTP serverFTP Server details:
(If using Internet Explorer use ftp://gfi:firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Locate the support folder inside the ..\Program Files\GFI\FaxMaker\directory Place any other files requested above in this folder and zip it.
- Rename the zip file with the following naming convention: Year_Month_day_casenumber.zip
- Use either IE6 or the My Computer window (address bar) to open the FTP site (Not IE7)
- Login to the FTP server by clicking File in the top left corner of the browser, then Login As. Please use the credentials above to access the site.
- You should now be at a Blank page. Upload the zip directory with the troubleshooting files by right clicking the zip and choosing Copy, then right click in the blank space of the FTP site and select Paste.
- Note: When the upload is finished, you will not be able to see the directory or the files. This is done to safeguard your privacy.
- Send an email reply to the case to confirm that the files have been uploaded, and provide the name of the file(s) uploaded
Note: Please allow up to 24-48 hours to fully review submitted logging.