The Dialogic Brooktrout SR140 is a software-only Fax over IP (FoIP) solution from Dialogic. Installation instructions are provided in this article.
- Dialogic no longer supports any SDK prior to 6.7.0.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 is supported by GFI FaxMaker but IS NOT supported by Dialogic for SDK 6.7.X.
- To use the Brooktrout SR140 (FoIP) software, you must have both a license from Dialogic Technology, activated as outlined below and a GFI FaxMaker license key that is enabled for Brooktrout SR140 usage. To obtain an SR140 usage license from GFI, contact GFI Sales (firstname.lastname@example.org) or your reseller.
Installing the Driver
Important: If you are running Microsoft Windows 2008 or later, before installing the Brooktrout SR140 driver, you must disable UAC.
- Click on Start > All Programs > GFI FaxMaker > GFI FaxMaker Configuration Wizard.
- On the Welcome page, click Next to continue (Note: The wizard stops the GFI FaxMaker Fax Server Service and the GFI FaxMaker Message Transfer Agent Service).
- Click Next to continue once the services are both stopped.
Figure 1: Selecting the Brooktrout SR140 driver
- Select Brooktrout by Dialogic and select Brooktrout SR140 Software Fax over IP. Click Next to continue.
- The wizard asks you whether you want to run the GFI FaxMaker Brooktrout TR1034 (Boston) / SR140 driver setup. Click Yes to start the driver setup wizard.
Note: The Brooktrout TR1034 (Boston) / SR140 driver setup contains drivers that are made by Dialogic, however, Dialogic relies on vendors to distribute them.
- Setup starts by checking if there is any Brooktrout software already installed on the machine. Should it be the case, uninstall any existing Brooktrout software using the Add/remove programs from the Control Panel. After all Brooktrout software has been uninstalled, restart the Brooktrout setup.
- In the setup wizard Welcome page, click Next to continue. In the End User License Agreement page, click I accept the agreement and then click Next to continue the installation.
- At this stage, you can specify the installation path of the TR1034 drivers. By default, the installation path is set to the same path where GFI FaxMaker is installed. We recommend that you install to this default location, but if you want to change the default installation path, click Browse and specify the required path. To continue with the installation, click Next.
- On the Ready to Install page, click Install.
- On the Finish page, clear the Run Brooktrout configuration tool checkbox and then click Finish to close the GFI FaxMaker Brooktrout TR1034 Drivers wizard and complete the installation.
Activating the License
Note: You now need to activate the license for Brooktrout SR140. The license is a 12-digit number which is sent to you by GFI. You must activate the license with Dialogic first.
The license activation can be done from the Brooktrout License Manager.
- Go to All Programs > GFI FaxMaker Brooktrout TR1034 Drivers > Brooktrout License Manager.
- Select License > Activate License.
Figure 2: SR140 License Activation wizard
- Select the Activation Method to use:
- Automatically: Select this method if the computer is connected to the internet to automatically activate the license key. This is the easiest method.
- Using the interactive web method: If the computer is not connected to the internet, select this method and proceed as follows:
- Click the Save the instructions into a file button and save the instructions in a .txt file on the disk.
- Copy the text file containing the instructions to a machine that has internet access.
- Browse to the Dialogic license activation page, and use the License key that you have received from GFI to logon.
- Select Generate Licenses, and use the information in the instructions text file to insert the Node ID Type (also referred to as 'Node Lock Type'), and Node ID (also referred to as 'Node Lock') into the web form.
- If the instructions text file does not show the Node ID Type, select COMPOSITE for the 'Node ID Type'.
- Click on Generate License.
- Confirm the License details, and click the Confirm button.
- Click Save to File to save the .lic file to disk.
- Move the .lic file to the machine running GFI FaxMaker.
- From the Brooktrout License Manager, select License > Install License, and select the .lic file.
Figure 3: Brooktrout License Manager -> Install License
Note: You can also select to Create a request for email or fax, and follow the instructions in the wizard (takes longer to activate the SR140 license key). Once you receive the .lic file, select to Install License (as shown in Figure 3), and select the .lic file received from Dialogic.
- The Brooktrout License Manager displays the details of the license key you provided. To close the Brooktrout License Manager, click Exit from the License menu.
Configuring the Brooktrout SR140 Settings
You now need to configure the Brooktrout SR140 settings from the Brooktrout Configuration Tool.
- Go to Start > All Programs > GFI FaxMaker Brooktrout TR1034 Drivers > Brooktrout Configuration Tool.
- Check that the settings match your setup. If you need configuration assistance, you can refer to the help included in the configuration tool. Click on the Apply icon in the toolbar and then close the Brooktrout Configuration Tool. This applies the settings and starts the Boston Host Service.
- Determine whether you have a valid SR140 usage license both from Dialogic Technology and GFI: Go to Start > All Programs > GFI FaxMaker Brooktrout TR1034 Drivers > FaxMaker Brooktrout Configuration GUI:
Figure 4: SR140 licensing status: Brooktrout and GFI license activated
- Now you need to configure the GFI FaxMaker lines that will be associated with the Brooktrout SR140 (FoIP). To do so, from the GFI FaxMaker Configuration Wizard click Configure lines. For more information, refer to Adding New Fax Lines.
- Continue through the GFI FaxMaker Configuration Wizard to start the GFI FaxMaker Fax Server Service and the GFI FaxMaker Message Transfer Agent Service.
- On the Finish page, click Finish to close and complete the GFI FaxMaker Configuration Wizard.
To use the Brooktrout SR140 (FoIP) software, you must have an SR140 license key, activated as outlined in the procedure above, as well as a GFI FaxMaker license key that is enabled for Brooktrout SR140 usage from GFI. To obtain both keys, please contact GFI Sales at email@example.com.
If the drivers do not work immediately when you start the GFI FaxMaker Fax Server or some lines refuse to send or receive, you may need to reboot the GFI FaxMaker machine.