How to move TE-Systems XCAPI to a different server and retain current configuration
- Open the Windows Registry editor by typing in the command shell regedit on the current GFI FaxMaker server
- Navigate to the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\XCAPI\Configuration
- Open File > Export to export the registry settings
- Go to the new machine and install TE-Systems XCAPI software
- Open the Windows Registry editor by typing in the command shell regedit on the new GFI FaxMaker server
- Open File > Import to import the existing registry settings
- Open TE-System XCAPI configuration and check the network settings of TE-Systems XCAPI (Controller - Network).
- You should see the old IP address, or a text saying "User Defined". Select the new IP address here.
- Update the PBX configuration to point towards XCAPI's new IP address
- Contact sales [at] te-systems.de to request to move the old license to the new hardware ID
- Delete the old license
- Install the new license and save the configuration
- Use TE-System XTest to verify the new XCAPI installation
- If faxes can be send and received, proceed with the installation of GFI FaxMaker on the new server (if applicable).