There are times when ongoing configuration changes have been made to the configuration of a Brooktrout TR1034/SR140 which may be producing undesirable effects. It may be a useful troubleshooting technique to return a Brooktrout configuration back to its default settings and start a new with a clean Brooktrout configuration.
All the user customizable settings for the Brooktrout drivers are contained in two files named btcall.cfg and callctrl.cfg. This article provides the process to start a clean Brooktrout configuration.
To start from scratch with a clean Brooktrout configuration, follow these steps:
- Stop the GFI FaxMaker services and stop the Brooktrout Boston Host service.
- Navigate to the GFI FaxMaker Brooktrout configuration folder:
- ..\Program Files (x86)\GFI\FAXmaker\brooktrout\TR1034\Boston\config\
- ..\Program Files\GFI\FAXmaker\brooktrout\TR1034\Boston\config\
- Rename the two configuration files:
- Rename btcall.cfg to btcall-old.cfg.
- Rename callctrl.cfg to callctrl-old.cfg.
- Open the Brooktrout Configuration Tool and choose Next to run through the Brooktrout Configuration Wizard. The Brooktrout Config Wizard re-creates the configuration files.
- Save, Apply, and Exit the Brooktrout Configuration Tool.
- If specific Brooktrout configuration tweaks are required, go back into the Brooktrout Configuration Tool and apply the tweaks.
NOTE: If running on Windows Server 2008 or later, right-click the Brooktrout Configuration Tool and choose Run as administrator. This is essential to overcome UAC restrictions.