By default, GFI FaxMaker will enclose the number of the sending fax server in quotes. This is required since the number may contain spaces.
+1 65756 382419 @faxmaker.com
However, if the mail server used with GFI FaxMaker does not support quoted email addresses, the quotes can be disabled. This article provides the steps to remove the quotes from the number in the 'From:' address.
Follow the steps below:
- Open Registry Editor by navigating to Start > Run > Regedit.
- Browse to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GFI FAX & VOICE\FaxMaker\Config.
- Create a new DWORD value and name it:
- Set the Value data for NoQuotedAddressSpec to
- Restart the GFI FaxMaker Services.
After following this procedure, the sending fax number will show as follows in the MTA Report: