- This article shares the process for setting up a Fax Service account in GFI FaxMaker.
- To proceed, valid fax service account credentials for either GFI Online Fax Service or etherFax are required.
Follow these steps to set up a Fax Service Account:
- Launch the GFI FaxMaker Configuration.
- Select the Fax Services node in the navigation tree.
- Select New fax service account.
- Choose the appropriate Fax Service Type (based upon the account information provided).
- Depending on your account (etherFax or GFI Online) fill in the account information. Please note that Account Name is only a display name that can be chosen independently.
- Select Validate Account to verify the entered account credentials and to ensure that GFI FaxMaker can establish a connection to the appropriate server.
- Receive poll interval time will dictate the interval in minutes. GFI FaxMaker will check for available faxes (of the selected fax service) in the specified interval.
- Click 'OK'.
- Select the Lines/Devices node in the navigation tree.
- Select 'Properties'.
- Click 'Add'.
- Choose an available fax line, change the device type to Fax Services, and select the appropriate fax service in the Physical line/port drop-down list.
- Click 'OK'.
- Repeat steps 11-13 to set up additional lines based upon the licensing and subscription agreement.
- When finished, select 'OK' in the Lines/Devices Properties window.
- Select 'Yes' to restart the GFI Fax Server Service when prompted.
For information on obtaining a fax service subscription, please contact GFI Sales at +1 (888) 243-4329 or visit the GFI Software website.