Inbound faxes are not auto printing to a specified printer configured under GFI FaxMaker routing rules (such as DTMF/DID or Line).
- GFI FaxMaker.
- All supported environments.
Inbound faxes most commonly fail to be auto-printed onto a configured printer due to capturing the incorrect number of digits of the called party number, general printer related problems or wrong mapping of the printer properties such as printer network patch, printer permissions, etc.
Firstly, ensure that the configured routing rules were applied onto those inbound faxes. For example, a DTMF/DID route has been configured for the DTMF/DID extension '1234'. Please ensure that the inbound fax call in the GFI FaxMaker Monitor displays the DTMF/DID '1234' as the called number.
Once confirmed, please verify that you can print a fax document to the configured printer from the associated application that is linked to the fax file type while logged into the machine using the same credentials run by GFI FaxMaker FaxServer service.
If the test fails, you will need to rectify the printer connectivity issue. Otherwise, please proceed to the following steps to re-add the printer in GFI FaxMaker:
- Remove the printer from the GFI FaxMaker Configuration > Advanced > Printers.
- Remove the printer from the GFI FaxMaker Configuration > Routing > DTMF/DID by finding the DID/DTMF routing rule extension which causes the issue.
- Close the GFI FaxMaker Configuration and re-start both GFI FaxMaker services.
- Open the GFI FaxMaker Configuration and re-add the printer to GFI FaxMaker Configuration > Advanced > Printers.
- Re-add the printer to the DTMF/DID routing rule extension in question.
- Re-start both the GFI FaxMaker services.
If the issue persists, then please execute the following steps:
- Modify the printer configuration settings from the General Settings > Advanced Menu to the value "Nearest size" (Advanced > Printers > Properties > General).
- Re-start GFI FaxMaker FaxServer service.
The inbound faxes will be auto printing successfully.