PROBLEMInbound faxes are not auto-printed to a specified printer configured under GFI FaxMaker routing rules (such as DTMF / DID or Line).
- GFI FaxMaker
- all supported environments
SOLUTIONPlease verify that the configured routing rules were applied onto those inbound faxes. Here an example: a DTMF / DID route has been configured for the DTMF / DID extension 1234. Please ensure that the inbound fax call shows in the GFI FaxMaker Monitor displays the DTMF / DID 1234 as the called number.
Once confirmed, please verify that you can print a fax document to the configured printer from the associated application that is linked to the fax file type while logged into the machine using the same credentials run by GFI FaxMaker FaxServer service.
If the test fails, you will need to rectify the printer connectivity issue. Otherwise, please proceed to the following steps to re-add the printer in GFI FaxMaker:
- Remove printer from the GFI FaxMaker configuration > Advanced > Printers
- Remove printer from the GFI FaxMaker Configuration > Routing > DTM F /DID by finding the DID / DTMF routing rule extension which causes the issue. Remove the printer from the DTMF / DID routing rule extension
- Close the GFI FaxMaker configuration and re-start both GFI FaxMaker services
- Open the GFI FaxMaker configuration and re-add the printer to GFI FaxMaker configuration > Advanced > Printers
- Re-add the printer to the DTMF / DID routing rule extension in question
- Re-start both the GFI FaxMaker services
- Amend the printer configuration settings from the Advanced Menu under General Settings to the value "Nearest size" (Advanced > Printers > Properties > General)
- Re-start GFI FaxMaker FaxServer service