TE-Systems XCAPI is a software-only Fax over IP (FoIP) solution. As it is a software device, it requires its own license, in addition to the FaxMaker license. It is licensed by means of an Activation code and bound to a device either via hardware address or virtual ID. This article provides information about the possible options via which the XCAPI license is bound, and how to move XCAPI licensing to another machine.
In order to generate the XCAPI license, in the TE-Systems Activation webpage, you need to enter your activation code with reference to a device.
The XCAPI license can be bound to one of these options:
- USB dongle that is to be inserted in the machine hosting XCAPI
- MAC address of the Network Interface Card
- Virtual ID, in case of a VMs
The Activation code needs to be inserted in the Activation webpage along with the MAC Address, Virtual ID or System ID returned from the XCAPI Configuration. The generated XCAPI license cannot be used on other machines.
In order to re-host your XCAPI License subsequently, you need an approval from TE-Systems. Please contact GFI FaxMaker Customer Support to follow the procedure on your behalf.
In the trial mode, XCAPI does not require a key. Here are the limitations for the evaluation mode:
- A maximum of 2 lines can be used at the same time.
- Voice calls play a demo message every 30 seconds.
- Fax calls renders a demo banner on the bottom left edge of the document.