Outgoing faxes fail with a handshaking error 54 or T.30 timeout when using the MultiTech modem 9234 series models.
- GFI FaxMaker 2011 or earlier
- all supported environment
- Stop the GFI FaxMaker services and close any open GFI FaxMaker console
- Navigate to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GFI FAX & VOICE\fmserver_advanced] and modify the "no_batch_processing" to 0
- If x64: the registry path is: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\GFI FAX & VOICE\fmserver_advanced]
- Edit the modems.dev file with Notepad located in the GFI FaxMaker root folder
- Find the modem entry line for the Multitech modem that you are using
- Example: -n:"MultiTech ISI9234PCIe internal" > change the (-ft:"class2.1") value to (-ft:"class2.0") without parenthesis and add the command (-noreset) without parenthesis to the line if not already present
- Save and Close the modem.dev file
- Open the GFI FaxMaker configuration
- Go to properties of Lines / Devices and select the Device in COMxx, then go to properties
- On the device tab change the modem type to MultiTech...
- Click on Advanced Modem Options... and Edit Modem
- Change the Voice chipset to Conexant and the DLE Codes method to Both
- Click OK
- Click on the Line Options tab and Change the Max resolution to Normal and check the box to 'Disable the use of ECM'
- Click OK. Re-start the GFI FaxMaker services
T.30 timeouts and Handshaking 54 errors may arise when GFI FaxMaker stops to process outbound faxes in batches and starts to send faxes 30 seconds after the conversion is launched, regarless if the document conversion of other faxes has been completed or not and / or when the initialization string AT+F+K3 has not properly initialized the modem.