The following GFI Software products have been tested with the following GSM SMS devices/web-based SMS providers:
- GFI FaxMaker
- GFI NetworkServerMonitor
- GFI EventsManager
Sending SMS using a web-based service provider (providing web access is available at the time):
- MessageMedia, a GFI Software SMS partner.
- Clickatell, an SMS provider which has been preconfigured for use with GFI FaxMaker. This is a web-based SMS service which sends SMS messages worldwide.
- Any compatible SMS provider which accepts SMS submitted using SMTP.
Sending SMS using a supported GSM SMS device:
- Wavecom Fasttrack
- Wavecom Go
- Wavecom Supreme
- Wavecom Fastrack Xtend EDGE FXT009
- Multitech MTCBA-G-F1 (GSM 900/1800MHz) / MTCBA-G-UF1 (GSM 900/1800MHz)
- Multitech MTCBA-G-F2 (GSM 850/1900MHz) / MTCBA-G-UF2 (GSM 850/1900MHz)
- Multitech MTCBA-G-F4 (GSM 850/1900MHz)
- Multitech MultiMedia iSMS Server
- Nokia 30 GSM connectivity terminal
- Nokia card phone
- Siemens MC 35 terminal modem (only by GFI FaxMaker 2011 or lower
- Westermo GDW-11
All these devices are GSM SMS modems, which are basically mobile phones meant to be used 24 hours a day to send and receive SMS messages. By design, they are much more reliable than using a mobile phone with a COM port cable.