Use this article when GFI Technical Support requires a backup of the GFI product SQL database for further troubleshooting. Follow these steps to create a backup of the database and upload it to the FTP Server.
Before you start, ensure that you have the GFI Support case number at hand as this will be required for this procedure.
Step 1: Create a backup of the GFI database
- Login to the SQL Management Studio with an administrative account.
- Connect and expand to the SQL Server instance hosting the GFI product database.
- Expand Databases, right-click the GFI database and go to Tasks > Back Up....
- From the General node, in the Destination section select Disk from Back up to:.
- Remove all existing backup files.
- Click Add and select the location where to save the backup. Use the GFI technical support case number as the filename. For example,
- Click OK twice.
- In Windows Explorer go to the location of the backup file.
- Compress the backup file in .zip format.
- Name the file GFI-XXXXXX-XXXXXX.zip, where GFI-XXXXXX-XXXXXX is your GFI technical support case number.
Step 2: Upload the backup to the GFI Support FTP Server
Use your preferred FTP client or Windows Explorer to connect to the GFI Support FTP Server, using the following details:
- Host: ftp://ftp.gfisoftware.com
- Username: gfi
- Password: gfi911cust
If using Windows Explorer and you see a page with many files and folders, right-click the page and choose Logon As... to enter the credentials given above.
Upload the compressed file onto the page and inform GFI Support once the file has been successfully uploaded by replying to the case email, specifying the name of the file uploaded on FTP and other information or notes.