Versions / Builds AffectedLanGuard 2012 (all builds)
Problem SummaryCustomers have a lot of agents whose status in the Dashboard > Overview is 'Unable to contact server'
TT / JIRAID672
How to IdentifyEnsure the problem is not caused by any of the conditions listed in the following article:
Note: This happens when the agent program updates fail:
1. Then the agent will put a file (toolcfg_agentmessages.xml) in its Servers\ directory.
2. The LanGuard server will pick up the message and display the error
3. Program updates can fail because of 3 general problems:
a. It fails to connect to the LanGuard server communications port (1070 by default)
b. It fails to download the files (the workaround below helps to fix this issue).
c. It downloads the files successfully but the import process fails to import the patch / vulnerability definitions into the patch/vulnerability databases (this will usually resolve itself during later updates)
Workaround / Fix DetailsChange the 'Timeout' value from the default of 300 to 3600 in the following 2 files on the LanGuard Server and all Relay Agents:
Filename = httpd-default.conf (and is located in 2 places on the LanGuard server and on each relay agent):
1. C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\LanGuard 11 Agent\Httpd\conf\extra\httpd_default.conf
2. C:\ProgramData\GFI\LanGuard 11 \dhhtp\extras\httpd-default.conf (or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GFI\LanGuard 11\ on a 2003 class computer)
The developers are working on a solution to this problem for the LanGuard 2013 release (July 2013).
Required Actions1. Ensure you check that the problem is not caused by the article in the "How to identify" section above
2. Give the customer the workaround
3. Verify the workaround fixes the problem
4. Close the case